Monday, April 11, 2005

Drinking in the Library

Could someone please explain the appeal?

I just don't get it, maybe I'm being an old fogey, but sneaking beers and drinking them surreptitiously in the stacks doesn't seem that fun or exciting.

My co-vampire, who is fresh out of college, admitted to drinking a few times in her library. She said it relaxed her and helped her focus. I can believe the first part, but am having trouble with the second.

I mean when I would imbibe I usually wanted to do anything but coursework, maybe there's a connection here to the high amount of streaking in my library.

I actually wouldn't have a problem with the drinking if the kids didn't insist on leaving their empty beer bottles and cans out and not recycling them like good little eco-conscious alcoholics.

But I do draw the line at jello shooters. I don't care if it was St. Patrick's Day. The jello wasn't even green, it made a sticky mess , and nobody offered me any.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Ha! Shooters in the library? Even we weren't that audacious.

Although I have, um, 'enjoyed a gentleman's company' in a library on one occasion. There's something about the stolid atmosphere, I think.

The most I can recall about it was reading the back of 'The Tudor History' repeatedly for ten minutes...

4:40 AM, April 12, 2005  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

For THAT activity, we have private rooms.

No joke, my former co-vampire told me a girl checked out one of our 'study' room keys and suspiciously had male students streaming in and out. Never more than one guy at a time and with the blinds closed. When he went to investigate, they cleared out pretty quickly.

12:45 AM, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Tom said...

Now, drinking on the job in the library -- that I can understand...

But you know, sometimes being a little inebriated can help you focus, depending on the subject matter. For some reason language classes always went well with alcohol (probably because it loosens up your inhibitions just enough to make certain cognitive leaps).

12:58 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home