Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm Back

I had a good vacation. It was nice, relaxing, and fun. That's all I'm telling.

But I'm back, and this was sitting in my email inbox. I think the final decision was that it was just a tasteless joke/prank.

Library Incident Reporting Form Submission
Incident date: 11 JUL 2005
Incident time: Before 0620hrs 07/11/2005
Exact location: X LIBRARY, main floor
Reported to housekeeping Supervisor, UPD, Library administrator.

Nature of offense: At approx 0620hrs on Monday 07/11/2005, housekeeping staff noticed writing on back table in IT lab on the main floor of X Library. The message made reference to "Blowing Up Y Hall", there were also two phone numbers included. Housekeeping staff notified her Supervisor and Supervisor called University Police (UPD). UPD officers later took pictures of message and later informed housekeeping staff she could clean up area. Later other detectives arrived and asked where incident occurred, library administrator took them back to area and informed them area had been cleaned up at request of Officers.

This just makes me really wonder about people. Are they that sick to find it funny or that stupid not to know how awful what they're doing is?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This just makes me really wonder about people. Are they that sick to find it funny or that stupid not to know how awful what they're doing is?

This has long had me puzzled too. People are insane.

7:23 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger flexnib said...

Welcome back! I hope the post-holiday buzz doesn't wear off too quickly :)

I have this belief that people are inherently good. But sometimes, when I read about people like the ones in your library (or elsewhere in this world of ours at the moment!), I wonder if I am the insane one...

5:26 AM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home