Thursday, September 29, 2005

There was a Sign, Pt.2


So this sign is outside my library right now.




Remember the 4 rules for a successful sign?
1. See the Sign
2. Read the Sign
3. Believe the Sign
4. Do what the Sign FREAKING SAYS







Lets standard letter grade the sign:

1. See the Sign - It's placed right outside our doors. If it were right in front of the doors, it would be excellent. "B"

2. Read the Sign - The large text is good and simple, and our sign makers use a little creative subversion of rule to get the sign noticed. "A"

3. Believe the Sign - The sign text is blue on a pink background and looks a little too "cutesy". Also the wording is in the form of a question. Questions aren't very authoritative unless someone in uniform is asking them. "C"

4. Do what the Sign FREAKING SAYS - Considering the sign has no date or times listed for when someone can sign up only a vague location and phone number (blanked out for anonymity's sake), I don't think number 4 will be accomplished which is the most important thing. "D"

Grade Overall: "C+"

And a big THANK YOU to my co-vampire for taking this digital picture for me. I know all the smoking students looked at you funny, but it was worth it. Kept me from bugging you for an hour, didn't it?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the weird look from the kid was definitely worth the lack of bugging. You're special, that's all I'm going to say :-)

-Your co-vampire

6:11 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Spike said...

Love the sign review. Please sir, can we have some more?

2:20 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

To my dear co-vampire:
Ah, if only people could actually hear the endearing way you say, "You're special." Then they'd truly know how much you love me.

Spike: Considering someone on the day crew took umbrage to the sign, removed it, called the number telling the students to collect it, and wrote a letter telling them that their sign had not been approved for display and would not have been approved if submitted, I don't know how many more of these dear things I'll see, and the reason I know all of this is b/c one of the poor students came to pick it up, I had to go retrieve for him, and I quickly read the letter before giving it to him.

3:26 PM, October 02, 2005  
Blogger Spike said...

LOL. A little Hitler in practice perhaps.

10:35 PM, October 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We once had a group that kept putting up little notices for something like a Native lesbian healing circle or some such thing. Our reference assistant would take 'em down, they'd keep popping back up.

TLL
http://tinylittlelibrarian.blog-city.com

5:04 PM, October 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home