Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Job Change

This is my last week on the overnight shift. Come spring semester, I will be the evening supervisor. My hours will be 4pm-1am. The evening shift is very busy. I'm a little apprehensive. My stress tolerance may be sorely tested.

I've been working with my replacement this week. I think he will do well on this shift. He's a former student employee. He and my co-vampire Laura seem to get along which is good, but he's an odd one.

Here's a list why:

1. He knows some magic tricks.

2. He's a drummer in a band and does air drumming at the desk.

3. He likes Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

4. He can lick his own armpit which he was happy to demonstrate to us.

11 Comments:

Blogger MadameBoffin said...

Re: 4. He can lick his own armpit which he was happy to demonstrate to us.

Ewww - gross yet strangely alluring?! I guess you're lucky that that's the only thing he can lick! :)

6:46 AM, December 13, 2005  
Blogger Spike said...

ROFLMAO. What M. Boffin said.

12:45 AM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

He says he can bite his own toenails, but Laura and I won't let him take his shoes off to show us.

4:55 AM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

What in Christmas is Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Hmmm... After being mildly horrified at the thought of licking ones own armpit, I attempted it to see if it was possible.

It is.

Yuk.

2:30 PM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger Kathy said...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is very strange. Isn't it on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim or something like that?

The thought of licking one's armpit is just too icky. I would NEVER let this guy take his shoes off.

8:31 PM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Inexplicable Device, I'm shaking my head.

Katya, you're right about the cartoon. I've linked to it now. So far I have managed not to see one episode of it. I think it has subliminal messages or something.

And still, the guy is likable despite ALL of his disgusting habits, and believe me there are more.

1:14 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

ATHF: Oh.

Thanks, though.

4:44 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Spike said...

Okay but when he licks his own groin don't say we never warned you.

10:51 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oh -- I meant to congratulate you on your promotion.

11:40 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Thanks Spike, now I live in fear.

Katya, thanks. It's not a real promotion, but it is...sort of. Hard to explain. There is the possibility of a raise.

3:12 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger The Library Guy said...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is most awesome.

12:14 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home