Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

I hope you all had a lovely new year. I didn't do anything except rack my brain over what I could possibly do better this year. I'm not implying I'm perfect, but I know what I can conceivably manage and what's fantasy. A lot of stuff is fantasy.

I have come up with a few work-related New Year's Resolutions.

1. Be more punctual (And yeah, if you look at the date of this post, you'll see how hard this one is going to be to manage.)

2. Stop whining about not being able to take time off. I know I've been a nuisance recently about this one with my co-workers. I intend to fix this by taking time off. Dates undecided as of right now.

3. Be patient and friendly with student employees, especially now that I will have to work side-by-side with them. I've never had to work too much with them before this, but now they will be my primary back-up.

4. Shelve more.

Do any of you have work-related New Year's Resolutions? If so, what might they be?


____________________________________________________________________

There's a black woman speaking French near the desk. She's an international student who's in here a lot.

She speaks loudly. I was amused to just hear her switch from French to say, "I'm not fucking living here, anymore." I think she was quoting someone, but it's amusing she would switch from French to English to say that. Do the French say, "Excuse my English?"

5 Comments:

Blogger Happy Villain said...

Oooh, I could just borrow your resolutions! The punctuality one really made me giggle. I'm chronically late for everything, which I blame on the fact that I was born 3½ weeks late and my mom's OB never did anything to speed things up. I've never been on time for anything.

11:24 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Spike said...


1. Be more punctual (And yeah, if you look at the date of this post, you'll see how hard this one is going to be to manage.)


LOL.

1:01 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Update: Number 3 is already being put to the test without a student in sight b/c I had to work the desk alone last night. My boss is trying to be generous and say the student didn't know he was supposed to work last night, but it doesn't change the fact that for four hours I was alone at the desk. Luckily there were two student workers on the floor below, and I could call one up to watch the desk when I needed a potty break but still kind of grumpy.

11:46 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

Happy New Year - My punctuality is even worse than yours!

The taking time off resolution is a good one - so much so that my resolution is to quit the job and get a new one (not the witching, of course).

1:54 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

Same as DeVice, mine is to quit after bringing down the establishment. The second part is optional.

9:09 AM, January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home