Sunday, November 26, 2006

Being Thankful

I hope everyone in the states had a pleasant Thanksgiving. Mine was nice. Now I'm in the downward slide to winter break. Sure, I'll have to survive fall exams to make it to break, but my desk doubles as a foxhole, and I'm gonna hide there till all of the mania blows over. I'll survive...I better survive. If I don't, there's going to be some serious poltergeist action happening to the undergrads.

As I've just enjoyed a little time off and am about to enter a high stress stretch, I feel the need to remind myself of things I appreciate about my job. I grouse a lot about stuff I don't like, so here are some things I do like.

In no particular order, what I'm thankful for:

1. A paid parking pass to the garage
2. My recent raise
3. My upcoming raise (effective Dec.1)
4. Paid hotel room to stay in when foul weather hits
5. Free food in the staff lounge
6. Pleasant, competent work studies
7. 2 weeks off for winter break
8. Great co-workers
9. Health insurance (I haven't needed it lately, but my brother recently sure could've used it.)
10. Coffee maker in the staff lounge.
11. Library faculty privileges (No fines)
12. Casual dress code
13. Lenient bosses, especially concerning tardiness

Care to share stuff you're thankful for?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that I get to have three weeks between terms! And for that recipe for apricot/cranberry pie.

3:05 AM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Great co-workers, too.

The second-nicest staff lounge in our public lib system.

An easy commute.

4:58 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Oooh, I evny you the easy commute. I have to drive 20 miles.

6:30 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

I'm thankful that I never, ever have to stay late. (thank you, union). When I'm done, I'm DUN.

A hotel room for bad weather??? Now that's a good one.

9:17 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger tiny robot said...

Hear hear for Number 13!

10:45 AM, November 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my wife (just married the day after Thanksgiving!), my family (who all made the trip from Florida and Texas to be there on one of the worst travel holidays), the fact that I'm almost done with my master's degree program, and that as of next week, I'll be down to just one job!

10:47 AM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Spike said...

My boss lets me read blogs and surf pron at work.

Yep, I'm self-employed. Thank fuck.

7:53 PM, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home