Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No WOW

Annoyed Librarian has a post today about the IWOW movement/meme thing. IWOW stands for "I work on the web". People are posting pictures of themselves and proclaiming that they work on the web.

I find this all particularly funny because somebody cut University Z’s big fiber cable today. It has been snipped, and we are all squished onto a MUCH lower bandwidth back-up link-amajig, pushing and shoving for our piece of teh internets.

I’m not working on the web. The web has snapped! I am falling! Cyberspace is swallowing me whole. No Bloglines! No gmail! No Desktop Defender! OH NOES!!!!1

No ETA for repair. This entry posted by Morse code.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer :-(

10:35 PM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger Kathy said...

You make me laugh. The Morse code is great.

7:37 PM, September 20, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

I'm glad you liked it, Katya, and thanks for the sympathy Woeful.

I should've linked to this in the post. This is the morse code generator that I used.

9:41 PM, September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*SNORK!* Our library has had its cable sliced twice this year (don't ask me why, no one seems really know, I say it's alien conspiracy). The staff went into Internet withdrawal. Cold turkey. We didn't even have a slower bandwidth to take the edge off.

5:17 PM, September 27, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Anon, I'm glad I made you snork and you have my sympathy about the no internet. I was going pretty crazy with the low bandwidth. I would have probably gone completely mental if I had no internet access.

10:32 PM, September 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home