Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How did you get here?

Once again, here's another edition of strange search terms that landed people on my blog!

Excluded are all the vampire related and LSD/rat poison searches. Though they are the top searches that bring people here, they're just ho-hum now.

free pencils from IKEA - Yes, you can get them and free tape measures too! Go, stock up.

Newspaper rod - How can this be? I am the number 1 result in Google.

going on vacation poetry - I've written bad poetry, but none about going on vacation.

Let's see if I can...

An Ode to Vacation

Oh, vacation, you're so lovely
You make me all school girl bubbly.
A day, a week, a month, or more
No matter the length, you rock to the core.

I'll always love you, vacation.
And I don't care who hears my exclamation.


There, how was that? No flames, please.

P.S. I know I said vampire searches would be excluded, but this one made me guffaw:
Vampires real or meth?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Happy Villain said...

Thanks for the belly-laugh over "Vampires real or meth?" That's like someone finding my blog a long time ago by searching "Pearl neckless". I don't even want to imagine what they meant by that.

12:15 AM, April 16, 2008  
Blogger Gardenbuzzy said...

I THINK I found your website through Happy Villian's site. I don't rightly remember, though, that was a long time ago.

12:36 PM, April 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like gardenbuzzy (great name, by the way!) I can't remember exactly how I found you, but whatever post was up at the time made me laugh out loud, so your blog was one I check frequently. I do like a good chuckle.

But never mind all that. More important information in this post: IKEA HAS FREE PENCILS??? Wow, I had no idea!

So now I'm going to call this blog not only entertaining, but informative.

A librarian can never have too many pencils.

Time for a trip to IKEA.

Thanks, VL!

10:23 PM, April 16, 2008  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

IB, IKEA gives out golf pencils. Not full sized pencils. If you like'em short, then go raid with my blessing.

10:43 PM, April 16, 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

So ... people were looking for somewhere other than the library from which to steal stubby pencils??

8:24 AM, April 17, 2008  
Blogger Kathy said...

I just think it's funny that you are the #1 google result when you do a search on newspaper rod. It's so weird that I had to go try it and what do you know?! It's true.

I love Vampires real or meth --that's just great.

4:53 PM, April 17, 2008  
Blogger Gardenbuzzy said...

To imaginary blog:
I acquired the name "gardenbuzzy" in this wise:
When our sons were very young, they called our cats 'buzzies' because they buzzed when they purred. I am now a Master Gardener who has cats who accompany me to the garden to work. So when the time came to pick a screen name, what could be more natural than "gardenbuzzy" (Cat Who Gardens)?

12:56 PM, April 18, 2008  
Blogger the.effing.librarian said...

I stole from you.. is that okay?

11:20 PM, April 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the.effing.librarian sent me here. thank you, eff. :)

2:56 PM, April 19, 2008  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Ef, you are welcome to take whatever you want.

3:25 PM, April 19, 2008  
Blogger kalafudra said...

There's a very rational explanation for "Vampires real or meth?"... the person asking was definitely bitten and wanted to find out if it was a vampire or some guy/girl on meth. If that happened to me I would ask in the same way.

8:31 AM, April 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home